The Scottish Transitions Forum is inviting parents and carers to take part in discussion groups across Scotland as part of a national consultation to help young people with additional support needs experience better transitions from school age into adult life.
Events are taking place in:
- Aberdeenshire (Thursday 23 January)
- Ayrshire (date to be confirmed)
- Edinburgh (Tuesday 28 January)
- Dundee (date to be confirmed)
- Inverness (Tuesday 4 February)
- Perth (date to be confirmed)
- Lanarkshire (date to be confirmed)
- Scottish Borders (Thursday 13 February)
If you care for someone with additional support needs who is aged 14-25 and you’d be happy to meet other parents to talk about what would make transitions easier, please email Tracey Francis at email@example.com for more details.
“Principles into Practice” is the draft for a national framework to help professionals get transitions right. The Forum is asking parents and carers to give feedback on the framework to make sure it will make a real difference to young peoples’ lives and experiences.See all News & Events