Since my early teen years, I have had to speak up for what support I require to live my life to the fullest. These meetings were very stressful for my parents and I.I constantly felt like no one was listening to me and that I was going around in a vicious circle.
I’m also very passionate in spreading awareness for physical disabilities through my blog A Journey In My Wheels, especially awareness of venue accessibility for people living with a physical disability. Through my blog and writing reviews for Euan’s Guide I continue to do this. Although again more needs to be done, especially in the area off accessible holidays.
What I’ve worked on so far includes:
- Training for Student Nurses At Napier University
- Taking part in the Getting Transitions right Training
- Contributing to website development
- Supporting Organisations to make sure their buildings are accessible to people and helping with architectural plans
- Speaking at National events around transition
- Taking part in STV news interviews around employment and what that means for people