Learn from the experts:
One day taught course
This course will inform and inspire you to develop approaches that enable young people (14 to 25 years) with additional needs to reach their potential in adult life. Drawing on the most up-to-date developments in legislation, research, practice, guidance and policy, you will explore opportunities to develop your practice and to influence others in this dynamic and rapidly developing sector.
The Scottish Transitions Forum are widely recognised as the experts in transitions and the body who are leading change locally and nationally. We will be joined by Alexander Warren from AJP dreams whose inspirational personal reflections will ensure your learning remains grounded in the experiences of young people and their families.
The training supports the overall aim of ARC Scotland Training: ‘We are committed to improving people’s lives by providing training that puts our values into practice.’
Who is this for?
This is essential learning for anyone who supports young people with additional support needs aged 14 – 25. This includes practitioners from health and social care, education, further education, voluntary sector, employability services, parents and carers.
To encourage improved understanding and collaboration between different sectors, the programme will be delivered in a small group of no more than 16 people who will be drawn from a range of professional and personal backgrounds.
- Increased personal awareness of the experiences of young people with additional support needs and their parents and carers and the importance of getting transitions right
- Greater understanding of differing professional roles and responsibilities and how you can work with others to promote and encourage better communication and joint working
- Sound understanding of current legislation that supports transitions, new developments in practice and policy and an insight into future developments
- Better equipped in the practical application of approaches that improve transitions, including the Principles of Good Transitions 3
- Continued specialist support from the Scottish Transitions Forum to put your learning into practice.
The delivery is informal and includes a mix of presentation, discussion, activity and evaluation.
£95 per person for practitioners. A limited number of places will be available at a reduced rate of £45 for parents and carers.
The programme can also be delivered ‘in house’ at your organisation’s premises. Content can be adapted to meet your specific needs: £700
Edinburgh – Friday 8th February 2018 – this session is now fully booked, please get in touch to be added to the waiting list.
Norton Park Conference Centre
57 Albion Road, Edinburgh EH7 5QY
Glasgow – Tuesday 26th March 2018
William Quarrier Scottish Epilepsy Centre
20 Kenneth Drive, Glasgow G51 4QD
If you are unable to attend in Glasgow or Edinburgh please get in touch as we are planning to hold further sessions elsewhere in Scotland and it is helpful to get an idea of demand to help with our planning.
For more information on this course or to register your interest please contact Rebecca on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 663 4444
See all News & Events