- Principle 1. Planning and decision-making should be carried out in a person-centred way
- Principle 2. Support should be co-ordinated across all services
- Principle 3. Planning should start early and continue up to age 25
- Principle 4. All young people should get the support that they need
- Principle 5. Young people, parents and carers must have access to the information they need
- Principle 6. Families and carers need support
- Principle 7. A continued focus on transitions across Scotland
The Principles of Good Transitions 3 provides a framework to inform, structure and encourage the continual improvement of support for young people with additional needs between the ages of 14 and 25 who are making the transition to young adult life. Principles of Good Transitions 3 is divided into 8 parts. In addition to the introduction, each part addresses one of the seven principles of good transitions. You can download each section individually, as PDFs, via the links below.