We are hosting an event to bring people together to share good practice, update about our current work, and discuss the future direction for the forum. You will have the opportunity to hear from young people about their lived experiences of transitions, and learn about innovations happening in transitions across Scotland, including newly developed resources, and current research.
The event will include:
- A young person sharing their own transitions journey
- Edinburgh Napier University sharing learning from their three year project exploring the role of nursing in health transitions from paediatric to adult health services for people with learning disabilities and complex health needs
- ILF Scotland sharing their successes and learning from the last 18 months of the ILF Transitions Fund. Applicants of the fund will be talking about the impact it has had on their lives
- New web resources:
- Talking About Tomorrow: Preparing parents in Scotland for transition
- Supporting disabled children, young people and their families: guidance
More speakers to be announced shortly.
The event will be held at:
William Quarrier Epilepsy Centre
20 St Kenneth Drive, Glasgow G51 4QD
Registration from 10am, the event will run from 10.30am – 3.45pm
Lunch will be provided.
Click here to book your free place.See all News & Events